Enter our 2013 Resort Photo Contest and win a 3 night hotel stay
at Magdalena Grand Beach Resort!
One winner will be announced each month!
Easy Submission Process
- Digital photos are preferred. If you use digital photo software, image size should be reduced no smaller than 600 pixels wide for landscape view and 600 pixels tall for portrait view. We have had to discard many fine photos because they are too small to use.
- Save them on your hard drive as a jpeg file (.jpg)
- Attach them as a separate file to an email (please do not embed directly in the body of the email) and send to us at email@example.com
- Provide a caption, brief description or story of no more than 25 words.
- And please include your name and postal address so we can send your gift certificate, should your photo be chosen.
- Contest shall commence on July 15th, 2012, and end only when we want it to.
- Anyone who has stayed at Magdalena Grand Beach Resort as a paid overnight guest may participate.
- Photos must be your original copyright-free amateur snapshots.
- Certificate can be used only during low season (not valid during holiday periods or February 2013) and is subject to availability.
- Certificates are valid for one year from date of issue and are not transferable. (You need to come back!)
- Any photograph entered in this contest shall remain the exclusive property of entrant (they are yours!). Entrant agrees that Magdalena Grand Beach Resort and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to edit, publish, and use the photograph in any way and in any media, including internet, for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Magdalena Grand Beach Resort may determine in its sole discretion without further consideration to entrant or winner. The fine print….
- Must be a picture taken at Magdalena Grand Beach Resort
- Must be identified with entrant’s name, address, phone number, e-mail address, a brief description of location where picture was taken
- Must be originals. Entrant may enter the Contest no more than 5,000 times
- The contest is open to amateur photographers only. Entrants must be 18 years or older on the date of entry (we are serious about these two). Employees and their families and those living in their same households of Magdalena Grand Beach Resort & Spa ("Sponsor") and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies may not enter. (Sorry, we have to be serious about this one too.)
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Judging and Selection of Winner:
- All entries will be judged on artistic expression, technical composition, and sense of place. All winners will be notified by mail or e-mail. Judging will be conducted by a panel of qualified judges designated by Magdalena Grand Beach Resort. The decisions of the judging panel are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
- One winner will be selected each month. Winner will receive a complimentary 3 night hotel stay, including Buffet Breakfast and taxes (and hey…Don’t ask for Christmas/New Years week, Carnival, or Easter week). The winner would also have his/her winning photograph published on the hotels web site. (Approximate retail value of prize: USD $900)
- You must use the certificate yourself. You cannot give it to someone else or sell it. Certificates can be used up to one year. Remember, black-out dates apply.
- (Don’t you just hate these? We certainly do, but our lawyers love them.) All winners assume all liability for any damages caused or claimed to be caused in connection with participation in this Contest and, if applicable, the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize, and release Sponsor, including, without limitation, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and advertising and promotional agents, from any and all such liability. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitute permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner’s name, country, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
- (More requirements from our lawyers, sorry!) By entering, each entrant warrants and represents in connection with the photograph submitted that: (a) he/she is the owner; (b) it is an original; (c) he/she has all necessary rights, including model releases, to enter same in the Contest; (d) it has not been previously published or submitted in any other competitions and/or to any media, including, without limitation, any books, magazines, postcards, or calendars; (e) it does not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party; and (f) it does not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
- Any photograph entered in this Contest shall remain the exclusive property of entrant (they are yours!) and entrant agrees that Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to edit, publish, and use the photograph in any way and in any media (including internet) for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion without further consideration to entrant or winner.
- Entrant agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and advertising and promotional agencies, from any claim by any third party relating to any rights in any photograph submitted.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are stolen, misdirected, delayed, lost, late, or damaged, and all such entries are void. Entry materials will not be acknowledged or returned.
- In the event this Contest is compromised in any way that is beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of the Contest and to refuse to publish the winning photographs and/or award the prize after the date of withdrawal (unclaimed prize will not be awarded).
- Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from the Contest any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules.